Monday, June 4, 2012

Moonlit – Chic Crochet Bag



Sometimes a small bag that will just hold your purse and phone is just perfect for the occasion. This is exactly what I set out to make (ok, I admit it, anything larger and the thing may have been in danger of never getting finished).

I had at the same time been experimenting with some textures anyway, so I just combined a couple of ideas. I had a truly wonderful time making this little bag.

A lot of thought went into the handles and finishing. In the end I decided to go the i-cord way, if you can call it that, it’s pretty thick. The handle doesn’t stand on its own, though, that’s something I still have to work on. Also planning to line the bag just to see how that works out.



As for the flower, I was just trying various things that I could place on the flap, buttons and stuff. But I really liked the way this flower modified the appearance of the whole bag – made it chic, actually – and here it is, sitting pretty on the flap.



Here we are then, Moonlit, the chic crochet bag. Do tell me what you think – honest opinion and critical analysis, please :-).

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bag.. I am liking the flower and the handle very much.
    As u said.. chic bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sangheetha, I really enjoyed making the flower and the handle :)

      Delete